Kitchen



Progress on the kitchen. So far, we painted, replaced the vinyl floor with tile and added the mammoth Frigidaire twins for our refrigeration/freezing needs. We changed the light fixture over the pub table in the eat-in part, and Jim "fabricated" a new ceiling fan and light from parts of other light fixtures. We have loved the outcome of all of this!



A new countertop was soemthing we wanted to help finish the look of the new kitchen. I didn't want granite becuase it's too hard, and I am too rough, and it's too expenseive. All I could see was breakage, both from items that I dropped ANd the bank account - HA. We reached a really good compromise with Formica. It had the look we wanted, and the price was right. As a matter of fact, because we were also switching from a drop-in stove to a free-standing unit, we needed less counter. It turned out that the size we needed was an in-stock item at the local Marvin's.

Jim cut the hole for the sink, which was another new purchase, installed the new dishwasher, countertop, and sink. I have to wait on the new faucet because the one I want is over $200. HA

Here is the almost-finished product. Now all we need is the new stove!

No comments: