Ahhh. Edgar's Bakery. I have wanted to visit this bakery in Birmingham since I saw them on the Food network. While we were in Birmingham for the Miss Alabama pageant, my wonderful husband remembered that I wanted to go there, and took us all there on Saturday morning. It was the first place he headed out of the hotel parking lot! I was NOT disappointed. As soon as we walked in, I was in love. The tables are heavy, scrubbed tables on iron bases, and are all different. The chairs are also mismatched. Very quaint.

One side of the shop is retail, where you can purchase trinkets, coffee cups, paper goods, etc. It is themed, with work, poolside, wedding, Christian displays and more each unique to its theme.
The middle part is bakery, where there are tables heaped with white pastry boxes full of the most beautiful delicacies. There is a large glass display at the back of the center part with wedding cakes on one side, cookies on the other, and many varieties of sweets in the middle.
The other side of the shop is for eating. Cute cafe tables, large family tables, square tables seating four...all are in this area. And there were quite a few people there, but it never felt crowded.

Jean and I got strawberry cream cheese pastries and Strat got an apple cinnamon turnover. Jim had eaten at the hotel and was not hungry, so he just had coffee. It was GREAT!



No comments:
Post a Comment