Bathroom Redo

I saw my friend Jessie at soccer last night, and she said that I should put pics of the bathroom redo on the blog. How could I have missed that?? So, here they are! (click on any picture to enlarge it.)

This is the floor. Our toilet had a leak and the floor around it needed to be replaced. Jim did this, then put this stuff on it to level it. Peel-n-stick tile is next.
This is the new wall color. It is a bit darker than I thought it would be, but I like it. We used bathroom paint, and there is a bit of a shine to it. Shinier than eggshell finish, but not like gloss...and not quite semi-gloss. The important thing is that it will be easy to clean. The old color was dark green - yuk - with a border at the top. I lived with that for 5 years. It was definitely time for a change.

I had this fantastic (as in crazy) idea of three colors in the bathroom - brown as a backdrop, black as an anchor and red as a pop. So, the walls are brown (the color of chocolate milk). I decided to paint the vanity a barn-red (two coats - there is just one coat in this pic), then two coats of black. After all of that dries, I will use a 200-grit sandpaper to distress it. Just a hint of red.
To compliment the color scheme, and really tie it all together, my mom bought me a stretched canvas at a hobby store. I am going to paint the whole thing the same black as the vanity, then the top 1/3 will be a barn-red rectangle and the bottom 2/3 will be chocolate-milk-brown. That is going to go on the wall opposite the toilet. I want it to look like a Mark Rothko painting, so we'll see!

No comments: